Elastic bandages are used to provide binding force to wound dressings or limbs for bandaging and fixation. Depending on the material, there are generally spandex elastic bandages, and self-adhesive elastic bandages made of non-woven fabrics.
Scope of application and departments of elastic bandages:
▶ It is suitable for bed surface dressings or limbs to provide binding force for bandaging and fixation.
▶ Suitable for orthopedics, surgery and other departments.
Precautions for Spandex Elastic Bandages:
1. Before using the bandage, wear protective gloves first.
2. Use in the case of needing to bandage the fixed part, swelling, skin lesions, such as ulcers, boils, dermatitis, etc.
3. If the bandage is to fix the joint, be sure to smooth out the folds.
4. Bandaging should be carried out before getting up every morning. If the patient has already woken up, the patient should be put on bed again, the limbs should be raised, the venous blood should be emptied, and then the bandaging should be done.
5. Bandaging should start from the distal end of the limb and gradually wrap around to the proximal end.
6. The tightness of the bandage should be moderate, too loose and too tight are not conducive to wound healing.
7. Avoid using hot water when cleaning, and do not use detergents.
Precautions for self-adhesive elastic bandages:
1. Although the self-adhesive elastic bandage is elastic, be careful not to wrap it too tightly, otherwise it may affect the blood flow of the body and cause adverse effects;
2. Bandages cannot be used for a long time, so it is best to ask the medical staff about the treatment of the bandages, how long it takes to remove them, and whether they can be used at night, etc., depending on the condition, the requirements will be different;
3. If there is numbness or tingling on the limbs during the use of the elastic bandage, or the limbs unexpectedly become cold and pale, it is best to remove the bandage immediately and pay attention to the condition of the binding area;
4. Pay attention to the elasticity of the bandage. If the elastic bandage has no elasticity, the effect will be relatively poor. At the same time, pay attention to the condition of the elastic bandage, and do not get wet or dirty.
Henan Yadu Group produces gauze bandages, plaster bandages, polymer fixation bandages, elastic bandages and other products for different product needs such as wound dressing and fixation.